Saint Elizabeth Breast Care Center is a joint effort between physicians and Saint Elizabeth where collaborative services are provided from diagnosis through survivorship. Each patient receives the best care possible – the latest in diagnostic technology, a breast cancer nurse navigator and a collaborative approach to cancer care.
Treatment options are discussed for patients diagnosed with cancer during a weekly multidisciplinary cancer conference which includes:
• medical and radiation oncologists
• genetic counselors
• clinical research nurse
• breast cancer nurse navigator
One-on-One Support from Diagnosis to Recovery
The breast cancer nurse navigator meets with patients if they have an abnormal mammogram or need a biopsy. She is an experienced oncology nurse that provides each patient with one-on-one support from diagnosis to recovery. She coordinates referrals to support services such as financial assistance, nutrition counseling or physical therapy.
Onsite services include:
• Preparing for Breast Cancer Surgery class, gives patients a better understanding of what to expect throughout the treatment process
• Cancer genetic counselor
• Psychosocial support
• Infusion services
• Clinical trials
• Financial services
• Monthly breast cancer support group
• Monthly art therapy class, Expressions of Art & Hope
• Chaplain is available for spiritual support
• Massage therapy
• A Time to Heal - 12-week program led by a licensed mental health professional and a registered nurse
• Survivorship Care Plan that provides patients with a comprehensive plan including a treatment summary and recommendations for follow-up care with their primary care provider
• Palliative care
Saint Elizabeth has been accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons since 1981. We’re also one of only 18 sites in the nation selected by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as an NCI Community Cancer Center (NCCCP). The NCCCP is a network of community hospitals focused on expanding cancer research and delivering the latest, most advanced cancer care to patients in their home communities. At the Saint Elizabeth Breast Care Center, patients are empowered and supported throughout their entire cancer journey and they don’t have to travel to Omaha to get excellent breast cancer care.